Join the London Climbing Centres Team
3rd August 2022
We are excited to announce our latest round of opportunities to work for LCC:
- VauxWall 2 x 20 hours per week Duty Manager
- VauxWall 1 x 40 hours per week Duty Manager
- Regional Deputy Setting Manager – full-time role prefered but flexible down to 3 days per week
There is scope for flexibility in the number of hours for the VauxWall Duty Manager roles. Please indicate on the application your prefered hours per week (between 20 and 40).
Closing date for all applications: 21st August at midnight
Interviews: 30th & 31st August at VauxWall East for the VauxWall roles
Interviews: 1st September at CanaryWall for the Route Setting Deputy role.
Start date: As soon as possible but flexible
How to apply:
Duty Manager – Application Form
Regional Deputy Setting Manager – CV & detailed covering letter
All applications are to be emailed to Katya Creed [email protected]
Full details of roles:
VauxWall Duty Manager
Starting Rate: £11.80 per hour with reviews based on length of service and annual company incremental review.
The VauxTeam work across both VauxWall Centres. VauxWall West, our original and ever-evolving centre, is situated right by Vauxhall station; VauxWall East is just a 10-minute walk away towards Kennington. These two are the busiest of our seven centres and offer a great workplace to vibe with climbers and help deliver an exceptional climbing experience to everyone who walks through the doors.
As part of a small multifunctional team, the role of Duty Manager is central to the effective running of the Centre. You will be responsible for the provision of a safe, fun and welcoming climbing environment. When on duty, you will directly manage the day-to-day operations, including the reception, instruction programme and shop, with additional responsibilities including cleaning and administrative tasks.
- Experienced applicants are preferred, but full training will be given
- All applicants must be able to arrive at VauxWall West for 5.45 am to complete opening shifts.
- The full-time role will cover the full range of VauxWall’s extensive opening hours.
- Part-time roles have a greater focus on evenings and weekend shifts
- VauxWall West & East will be your primary site, but you may be occasionally asked to work at other LCC locations
Regional Deputy Setting Manager
Salary is dependent on skills & experience. Can be pro-rated if the successful applicant prefers a part-time role.
Indicative starting salary range: £34,000-£36,000
With the continued expansion of LCC and the growth of the setting team, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced route setter to join the management team. The role will be a mixture of setting days and admin days across all our London centres.
We are looking for a highly organised and experienced route setting professional who has a comprehensive range of setting, administrative and management skills and is capable of working independently and as part of the broader management team.
By clicking the button below, you can view the job description and main responsibilities of Andrew York, LCC’s Regional Setting Manager. The successful Deputy applicant will engage in all of these tasks with direct responsibility for some of them.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Organising, booking and sending setting reminders to freelance setters
- Completing all duties and responsibilities of a Route Setting Team Leader to an exemplary standard
- Development and delivery of progression schemes for in-house setters
- Development and delivery of setting tasters for customers
- Ordering and maintenance of equipment, hardware and PPE
- Management of climbing wall maintenance in liaison with Centre Managers and the Regional Maintenance Manager
- Organisation of setting stores and stock checks, liaising with each centre’s Head In-House Setter
- Passionate and active climber with extensive understanding of indoor climbing centre operations
- Route setting all-rounder with 3+ years of experience in the climbing industry.
- Experienced in coaching others in both climbing movement and route setting skills
- Project management and procurement skills
- Ability to provide creative vision/direction
- Excellent collaborative working and communication skills
- Keen understanding and commitment to safe working practices
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
VauxWall, HarroWall, CroyWall, RavensWall, CanaryWall, BethWall & EustonWall are facilities of The Lakeland Climbing Centre Limited. We are driven by our passion for climbing and the positive effect it can bring to everyone’s lives. Our London facilities set a new standard for accessible, clean and constantly evolving indoor climbing. In partnership with our customers, staff, sponsors and suppliers, we have created and continue to develop friendly, efficient and safety-conscious centres of excellence that everyone can enjoy. Strong links with our northern centres will provide opportunities for customers and staff to continue their journey into the diverse sport of climbing in the stunning Lake District National Park.
WHY WORK FOR THE LAKELAND CLIMBING CENTRE LTD?
From our northern roots to our London expansion, we have developed an environment for excellent customer service born out of a happy, supportive and proactive team. LCC’s top priorities are its customers and staff; we want to create and maintain great places to work and climb. Free climbing, discounts with local businesses, financial support for continued professional development, flexible working hours and competitive rates of pay are the key benefits.
Thanks for your interest in joining the London Climbing Centres team
We’re regularly on the lookout for new faces who are committed to delivering a safe, fun, and welcoming climbing environment in our seven centres across London.
Hit the button below and subscribe to our fortnightly newsletter for regular updates from the world of LCC, including job openings as and when they become available.