4th January 2024
We are excited to announce the latest opportunity to work for LCC:
- 30 hour – HarroWall Cafe Team Lead
- 15 hour – BethWall Team Member
Closing date for all applications: Midnight on Thursday 25th January
HarroWall Interview Date: Thursday 1st February
BethWall Interview Date: Wednesday 31st January
Start date: As soon as possible but flexible
How to apply:
All roles – Application Form
All applications are to be emailed to Katya Creed [email protected]
Full details of role:
Cafe Team Lead
Part-time 30 hours per week (Potential for full-time, 40 hours)
Starting rate £13.30 per hour dependent on skills & experience.
Since opening in 2018 the HarroWall Cafe has grown and developed into a welcoming space with a dedicated team who serve the climbing community. We are looking for a highly organised, experienced catering individual who has a passion for food, experience in stock management, customer service and cleanliness who is looking to grow alongside a start-up fast-growing industry within leisure & fitness. The ideal candidate would be a passionate climber with an understanding of the catering and energy to learn more about the fitness industry who is capable of working independently and as part of the broader cafe team.
At quieter points the cafe is solo staffed and on busy weekend or event days there can be up 4 people working as a unit to deliver exceptional service and food to our climbing community. We are now looking to hire a Cafe Team Lead to support the Chef to take the Cafe to the next level.
Scheduling is managed by the Office Manager and the Centre/Regional management team also provide management support. This allows for the Team Lead role to be focused purely on the smooth running and further growth and success of the cafe.
- Complete all the responsibilities of a Cafe Team Member to an exceptional standard
- Work with our in-house chef to maintain a quality, innovative menu that meets the demands of our diverse customers
- Work with the wider HarroWall Management Team to prepare the cafe for major events
- Ensure the smooth running and commercial success of the cafe
- Ensure compliance to all food standards with regular reviewing & development of operating procedures
- Minimum 1-year experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum 1-year experience in a catering role
- A passion for food & customer service
- Some knowledge or interest in business management & marketing would be ideal
- Free climbing at all 8 London Climbing Centres and our 3 Northern Centres. Also as part of the reciprocal deal the majority of London Climbing Centres allow significantly or free entry to other climbing walls outside of LCC
- Training opportunities to build your expertise and knowledge in the role & beyond
- 40% off all hot and cold food at LCC sites and free hot drinks anytime
- Discounts on outdoor brand retail items at or near trade price
- Two paid staff socials a year
- 28 days annual leave per year (Pro-rata & inclusive of bank holidays)
BethWall – Team Member
Starting Rate: £11.00 per hour for aged 18 and over £7.20 per hour for 16 & 17 year olds.
Pay reviews are based on length of service and additional responsibilities.
Working with the Duty Manager to provide a safe, fun and welcoming climbing environment. You are expected to provide an exceptional level of customer service in all centre operations. Additional to reception, tasks will include instruction, coffee service, cleaning and administration.
- Experienced applicants preferred but full training will be given
- The roles will be focused on evenings and weekend shifts.
- BethWall will be your primary site but you may be occasionally asked to work at other LCC locations
**Don’t quite meet every single requirement on our Job Spec?**
We are dedicated to building a diverse and authentic team, so if you are excited about this role but your experience doesn’t quite fit directly with everything required in the Job Spec, we highly encourage you to apply regardless. You might just be the right candidate for this role and we would love to hear from you!
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
VauxWall, HarroWall, CroyWall, RavensWall, CanaryWall, BethWall & EustonWall are facilities of The Lakeland Climbing Centre Limited. We are driven by our passion for climbing and the positive effect it can bring to everyone’s lives. Our London facilities set a new standard for accessible, clean and constantly evolving indoor climbing. In partnership with our customers, staff, sponsors and suppliers, we have created and continue to develop friendly, efficient and safety-conscious centres of excellence that everyone can enjoy. Strong links with our northern centres will provide opportunities for customers and staff to continue their journey into the diverse sport of climbing in the stunning Lake District National Park.
WHY WORK FOR THE LAKELAND CLIMBING CENTRE LTD?
From our northern roots to our London expansion, we have developed an environment for excellent customer service born out of a happy, supportive and proactive team.
LCC’s top priorities are its customers and staff; we want to create and maintain great places to work and climb. Free climbing, discounts with local businesses, financial support for continued professional development, flexible working hours and competitive rates of pay are the key benefits.
Thanks for your interest in joining the London Climbing Centres team
We’re regularly on the lookout for new faces who are committed to delivering a safe, fun, and welcoming climbing environment in our eight centres across London.
Hit the button below and subscribe to our fortnightly newsletter for regular updates from the world of LCC, including job openings as and when they become available