HarroWall is looking for talented young climbers to join our HarroSquad for 2021-2022!
The event is open to any young climbers* with a minimum of 3 months of climbing experience. A selection event will be held every academic year.
The Try-Outs will be held at HarroWall Climbing Centre:
- Saturday 11th December,
- Booking & Pre-registration essential
- Maximum 30 participants
- Entry fee per participant £15 paid on booking
To book, please see below or click here.
It is a competition aimed solely at children, which is very rare. The setting and climbs will be designed for them and the comp wall will be set for the competition only. The results of the competition do not determine who we choose to join the HarroSquad. Our team of coaches will be keeping an eye on the competition, and we will be monitoring the competitors throughout the day, looking for attributes in attitude, determination, communication, teamwork, strategy as well as many others, so their climbing ability isn’t a limiting factor. However, they should have some climbing experience meaning they are prepared to commit to climbing for at least the next year, at a high, competitive standard with the HarroSquad.
Time frame for the selection day
- 13:00 registration opens (warm up period)
- 13:50 Welcome and intro to the day
- 14:00 Score cards issued & climbing begins
- There will be 25 boulder problems to attempt.
- 16:00 Climbing ends & Score cards collected.
- 16:20 Debrief and mini prize giving.
- 16:45 Event ends
Invitations to join the HarroSquad will be sent via email.
*please note only those aged 10-17 will be invited to join the HarroSquad
If selected, some info you’ll need to know:
- Squad training sessions will run twice a week; Tuesdays 17:30 – 19:30 and Saturdays 14:00 – 16:00
- They’ll run following school term times (i.e. not over holiday periods)
- Payment will be on a termly basis and cost £425 per squad member
Benefits to being part of the HarroSquad will include:
- 4 hours of coaching per week (2 x squad training sessions) from qualified and experienced coaches, following a training plan
- 1 pair of climbing shoes per year
- Unlimited access to all LCC London facilities for the squad member (and supervisor if squad member under the age of 14)
- Discounted private/ 1:1 coaching sessions