Indoor Climbing in Bethnal Green
It’s time to start climbing at BethWall, an indoor climbing centre a minute away from Bethnal Green underground.
Hit the buttons below to find out more about climbing for first timers, families with kids, or regulars.
Four railway arches filled with climbing, a minute from Bethnal Green underground station
Training boards and free weight gym
Plenty of community socials and events for East London’s climbers
First time climbing at BethWall?
What is bouldering?
Bouldering is a type of climbing that takes place on low-height walls, without the aid of ropes but with crash mats underneath.
It emphasises problem solving and technique, while also providing a full-body workout. The perfect blend of a fun mental and physical challenge!
Still got questions or want a bit more advice ahead of your first visit? Get BethWall’s FREE Guide to Climbing delivered to your inbox, packed with tips, tricks, and a deal or two…
How do I get started?
Climbers over the age of 18 are free to climb independently from their first visit to BethWall.
New climbers simply need to watch a short induction video and fill out a pre-registration form, which you can do either online or in-person (we’d recommend online to save time on the day!)
Then all you need to do is turn up, check in at reception, and climb! Easy.
Plus, opt-in to the LCC newsletter during registration and enter into a weekly draw to win a £25 Arc’teryx gift voucher!
Want a bit more guidance during your first climb? We offer a variety of instructed sessions:
Induction Plus Sessions
- One hour session with a qualified instructor.
- Perfect for your first ever bouldering session. Shoes, chalk, and instruction provided. Just turn up ready to climb!
- £20 per climber
Those who want to get good, fast
Bouldering Foundation Course
- Weekly hour-long instructed sessions, running across 3 weeks.
- Perfect for those who have started bouldering and are keen to learn more about movement and technique, and quickly move up through the grades
- £90 per climber
For groups and families
- One hour private session with an instructor.
- Up to 6 participants, ages 7+
- Prices start at £35, £12 each for extra climbers